Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Gift projects

I love to alter! Especially items that are just lying around in my messy craft area. Waste not!
Since Halloween is just around the corner I would like to share with you an altered trick or treat goodie bucket that your kids will surely love especially of what you put inside :)
Here's a sample of an altered Prima bucket covered with Halloween themed patterned papers.
I embellished with ribbons, added a gift tag and added a Fraidy Cat frame and some pieces from Halloween lace die-cut, all available at Scrappy Shack Etsy Shop.
Then you're ready to fill the bucket with sweet treats!
Well Christmas is not so far as well. So here's a simple gift set that you can create to give out to your dear family and friends this coming Holiday season.
The gift set is composed of a mini notebook, post-it holder and desk mirror, perfect gift for your girlfriends! Though you can also swap the mirror with a mini calendar or mini photoframe and can be gifted to your boyfriends too.

In this project I used pulp square coasters as my base that I covered with coordinated patterned papers.

There are several ways to put the coaters together, you can use a binding machine like Zutter, or hole punch the coasters and tie together with ribbons or just create a flap of paper to hold them together.
I just cut pieces of scrap papers to fill-up my notebook pages. For the desk mirror you can buy the self-adhesive mirror at your local scrapstore.

To personalized your gift set you may want to add a monogram on the covers to match them together.
Embellish the covers as desired!


Wrap them and tie neatly with a ribbon, and of course don't forget to add in your matching gift tag.

Coordinating scrap kits are available at Scrappy Shack etsy shop... so go ahead and get crafty!

Happy gift giving!
- Marix

3 comments:

Tabitha said...

HI! I just found your Etsy shop (I've been talking to Lori). Such wonderful stuff!!
These ideas are wonderful!!
Glad to have found your shop and blog...
-Tabitha

Cute#1 said...

Awesome ideas marix as always! =)

salme said...

Wonderful ideas for Halloween! Love that treat can!